You want the office to be festive this Halloween season but you also want to be safe. With that in mind, here are some tips while decorating your office for the holiday.
- When hanging up lights, always check to make sure the wires are in good, clean condition and if you see any bad wear and tear, don’t use them.
- As you hang lights, don’t staple them. Use plastic pins to prevent any potential shock.
- Use proper extension cords for light decorations use a lot of electricity. Also, don’t overstuff any sockets with tons of plugs to prevent a potential fire.
- A safety tip for your business’s wallet: turn the festive lights off before you leave the office. It’s also a safety measure too as something could happen while the lights are on and no one is there to prevent an accident.
- As spooky as lighting the office with candles can be, avoid using them or try battery-powered candles instead. Try not to have open flames in the office.
- This applies to kids and applies to adults as well: wear proper fitting costumes that fit comfortably. You don’t want to be tripping over yourself or restricted in movement.
Halloween should be a fun time around the office. Employees get to dress up and it’s a good morale boost. Make sure your business is safe a secure. Call Dave Millet Insurance Agency at 985.331.9077 for more information on Metairie business insurance.