Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Commercial Auto Insurance Information
Serving Metairie, Boutte and Surrounding Locations in Louisiana
Commercial auto insurance provides crucial financial protection for companies that own or use vehicles to help conduct business. Contact Dave Millet Insurance Agency located in Metairie and Boutte, Louisiana, to get appropriate commercial auto insurance for your company.
What Is Commercial Auto Insurance?
Your commercial auto policy is a contract between your business and an insurer that provides financial protection as outlined in the policy declarations.
Companies that need commercial auto insurance must pay premiums to access coverage. Your agent can help you get personalized commercial car insurance quotes from reputable insurers.
Who Needs Commercial Auto Insurance?
Louisiana requires every business using vehicles during day-to-day operations to carry the minimum amount of commercial auto liability coverage. If company owners or employees use personal vehicles for business purposes, your agent may recommend purchasing hired and non-owned vehicle (HNAO) insurance.
If your company finances or leases vehicles, the lienholder requires full coverage insurance, including comprehensive and collision coverage that helps pay to repair or replace the insured vehicle after an at-fault accident. The lienholder may also require gap coverage, which helps bridge the financial “gap” between the total amount owed on the loan or lease and the insurer’s settlement after a covered accident if the vehicle is a total loss.
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
Commercial auto insurance helps provide coverage for a company’s legal liability if a company owner or employee causes an accident while driving a company vehicle.
Your agent may recommend that you purchase more than the minimum required amount of the following coverages:
- Commercial auto liability coverage is required in Louisiana. This coverage helps pay for third-party injuries and property damage and includes two main types of coverage:
- Bodily injury liability helps pay medical bills for third parties injured in an accident if a company driver is legally liable.
- Property damage liability helps pay to replace or repair a third party’s property after an accident if a company driver is at fault.
Depending on your company’s risks and exposures, your agent may also recommend the following additions to your commercial auto policy:
How to Get Commercial Auto Insurance
- Comprehensive insurance helps pay for damages after an incident or accident where damage is unrelated to a collision.
- Collision insurance helps pay for damages to a company vehicle after an accident involving another vehicle or a collision with an object.
- Medical payments (MedPay) coverage helps pay medical bills and other financial losses up to the policy limits if a company driver or a passenger is injured in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance helps pay to replace or repair the covered company vehicle if an accident causes damage and the responsible party is uninsured or doesn’t have enough liability insurance coverage.
Contact the commercial auto insurance experts at Dave Millet Insurance Agency today to get business insurance tailored to meet your organization's needs.
You may also be interested in…