Flood Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Flood Insurance Information
Serving Metairie, Boutte and Surrounding Locations in Louisiana
Floodwaters can damage your home, sense of security and financial future. Flood insurance can protect your home and belongings from damage due to flooding. And although not legally required in Louisiana, many people living in areas at high risk of flooding, such as along the bayou or the Mississippi River, may want to consider a flood insurance policy. The Dave Millet Insurance Agency team can help you explore your coverage options.
What Is Flood Insurance?
Flood insurance offers protection from the physical destruction and financial devastation caused by flooding. Flood insurance typically covers:
What Does Flood Insurance Cover?
- Electrical and plumbing systems.
- Flood debris cleanup.
- Furnace, water heater and central air conditioning.
- Structural damage.
The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) underwrites most flood insurance plans. Usually, you can purchase NFIP plans through major insurers and the NFIP Direct system. There are two types of coverage: structure insurance, which protects your home, and contents coverage, which covers your belongings. There may also be coverage for debris removal costs, loss avoidance and cost of compliance. We can help you explore your insurance options.
You may be required to purchase flood insurance if:
- You live in a designated high-risk flood zone and have a mortgage backed by a federally insured lender.
- Your lender requires you to have flood insurance regardless of whether you live in a high-risk zone.
- You live in a high-risk flood zone and have received disaster assistance through FEMA or the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). If you choose not to purchase flood insurance, typically, you will not qualify for future aid.
Your flood insurance policy depends on your property and location. We can help you decide what coverage best meets your needs, if you’re eligible for FEMA flood insurance and what your coverage may cost.
Get Peace of Mind
Flood insurance doesn’t take effect until 30 days after you purchase your policy. But if your lender requires that you have flood insurance to make, increase, extend or renew your loan, there’s no waiting period.
Call the Dave Millet Insurance Agency today at our New Orleans office at 504-556-0809 or our River Parish location at 985-331-9077 to speak with one of our agents about flood protection for your Louisiana home.
You may also be interested in…