Workers Compensation Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Workers Compensation Information
Your organization has a legal and ethical responsibility to prioritize the health and wellness of its employees. Accidents and errors may be inevitable regardless of how safe your workplace may be or how diligent you are in maintaining robust risk management programs. With that in mind, it’s essential for your company to be adequately equipped to manage the aftermath of work-related injuries and illnesses.
What Is Workers’ Compensation Insurance?
Workers’ compensation insurance is a necessary loss control measure for most employers. This coverage can provide critical financial assistance if an employee is injured on the job or develops a work-related illness.
What Types of Injuries Are Covered by Workers’ Compensation?
- Although the details of your coverage may vary, workers’ compensation insurance can typically help pay for the following:
- Medical services—If a workplace injury or illness requires an employee to seek medical attention, this coverage can help pay for their bills.
- Wage replacement—This coverage can compensate an employee for reduced income if a work-related injury or illness affects their ability to fulfill their usual responsibilities.
- Vocational rehabilitation—Your insurance can help employees unable to return to their job by providing financial assistance for them to learn new skills and pursue alternative opportunities.
- Disability benefits—If a workplace illness or injury results in an employee developing a disability, this coverage can help pay for their disability benefits.
- Death benefits—This coverage can financially compensate an employee’s loved ones if they die from work-related illnesses or injuries.
- Employer legal costs—This coverage can help pay for your organization’s legal expenses, such as defense, settlements and judgments, if you are sued following an on-the-job injury or illness.
Many accidents may befall your employees while they’re on the job. Certain hazards, such as slippery surfaces, cluttered walkways, hot objects (e.g., coffee pots) and sharp objects, may be common even in generally low-risk work environments. Fortunately, most workers’ compensation policies can provide assistance for the following frequent injuries:
Who Is Required to Carry Workers’ Compensation Insurance?
- Sprains and strains
Most Louisiana employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance. Exceptions do exist for some organizations, such as for some sole proprietors without employees. Still, you should enlist the guidance of a qualified insurance agent to ensure you are not at risk of noncompliance. Even if not legally mandated, your company should strongly consider maintaining workers’ compensation. Without coverage, your organization and employees may lack the means to manage work-related injuries and illnesses, and even a single incident could have devastating ramifications for all parties.
Get the Right Coverage
At Dave Millet Insurance Agency, our agents are committed to helping businesses in Metairie and Boutte protect their finances and futures with optimal coverage. We will work with your organization to assess your insurance needs and address them with a suitably crafted policy. Contact us today to get started.
You may also be interested in…