Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Auto Insurance Information
Serving Metairie, Boutte and Surrounding Locations in Louisiana
Greater New Orleans – including Metairie - is the definition of a melting pot. With so many different cultures and so much excitement in the region, from Mardi Gras to the St. Louis Cathedral and National WWII Museum, the Crescent City and its surroundings are truly unique. Visitors flock to the region, as do residents looking for an affordable cost of living.
Yet all this activity provides considerable risks for area drivers. During Mardi Gras, it's sometimes impossible to drive down the streets (forget about Bourbon Street!). Accidents, vandalism, theft and damage are all possibilities. Floods are a huge issue for Greater New Orleans, in part due to its low-lying elevation and its proximity to the Gulf of Mexico. It's important to carry the right amount of insurance in case of disaster.
Dave Millet Insurance Agency works with a wide variety of top carriers to find clients cheap auto insurance in Metairie, Boutte and areas across greater New Orleans No matter if you are a homeowner with a bundle or searching for a standalone auto insurance policy, we'll find you the right coverage at a great price.
What Auto Insurance Should I Have?
It's important to carry the right amount of insurance. This doesn't always mean carrying only the minimum required by the state, however. A typical auto insurance policy will include:
- Comprehensive Coverage: This coverage steps in if your vehicle is damaged due to fire, theft, vandalism or any other covered incident.
- Collision Coverage: This coverage helps if your vehicle is damaged due to a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Liability Coverage: This coverage steps in if you cause bodily injury or property damage to someone else. It can help pay for damages, medical bills and even legal expenses if the victim decides to sue.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): This coverage provides compensation for medical expenses if you or your passengers are hurt. This applies no matter who is declared at-fault for the accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: Some drivers don't carry enough coverage — or any car insurance whatsoever. If you crash with such a driver, uninsured/underinsured motorist helps pay for the damages that their insurance policy would typically be responsible for paying.
Is Auto Insurance Required In Louisiana?
Yes. The minimum requirements for auto insurance in Louisiana are:
- Bodily Injury Liability: $15,000 per person
- Bodily Injury Liability: $30,000 per accident
- Property Damage Liability: $25,000
- Medical Payment Coverage: $1,000
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: $15,000/$30,000
Your Car Insurance Questions Answered
What is the cheapest full coverage car insurance in greater New Orleans?
Full coverage generally comes with comprehensive, collision, liability, uninsured/underinsured motorist and personal injury protection.
What is the cheapest car insurance in Metairie?
Drivers in Metairie may pay around $224.25 a month for car insurance. Cheap car insurance rates also depend on your driving record, credit score and possible discounts.
Why is auto insurance important in Metairie?
Metairie is a large metropolitan area with busy roads and a population of around 138,481. Make sure you have enough coverage in case of an accident, so you're not left without a vehicle.
How much does car insurance cost in Louisiana?
Car insurance costs vary depending on multiple factors, but the average Louisiana driver may pay $2,158.75 a year (approximately $179.89 a month).
Serving Main Street Since 1958
Dave Millet Insurance understands the ins and outs of car insurance policies. We make sure clients receive a fair deal and find the amount of coverage they need to drive at ease. Give us a call at (504) 556-0809 or fill out an online quote form today.
You may also be interested in…